What Is SEO?
Chances are that, if you own a business, you have heard the term “SEO.” Most modern businesses know this term, but, unfortunately, too many of them are not aware of what SEO actually means or all that it entails.
To begin with, SEO stands for “search engine optimization,” and it’s a process of optimizing your website for humans (potential customers/clients/patients) and search engines. Implementing SEO correctly can lead to new website traffic. This traffic is, in most instances, brought in through major search engines such as Google. And, because there is so much competition for traffic, businesses that utilize good, proven SEO techniques and strategies are almost always going to fare better than businesses that simply try to incorporate keywords alone into their content.
See, that’s a big mistake that so many businesses make- thinking that SEO is all about keywords. Sure, having the right keywords in the right places on your business site is a part of SEO, but it’s definitely not all of it. True SEO is something that is infiltrated into every part of your site, making it easy to find for people browsing the internet but also ensuring that, when they do find your site, they find quality content and an easy to use design/layout that appeals to them and helps them accomplish their goal on your site.
High Quality Traffic
Another important thing to keep in mind about properly implemented SEO is that it doesn’t just bring general traffic to your website. Instead, it brings the right traffic to your site, not people who quickly realize they are in the wrong place and leave the site.
To have the right, high quality traffic, you need carefully implemented content that is very specific about what your business does, the products and/or services it provides, to whom, and its location, if relevant.
Once your SEO strategy is implemented in such a way that the right visitors and “searchers” are finding and landing on your site, then increasing the quantity of traffic is easier, and even more importantly, it will be the correct type of traffic, traffic that is actually going to benefit your business in the long run.
Good SEO Strategies
In order to implement good, ethical SEO strategies, it is imperative to find an SEO service provider, such as Look to the Right, that actually understands how the major search engines, including and especially Google, function.
These search engines use something called a “crawler” to get information about content found on the internet. Via the crawler and a highly complex algorithm, they attempt to match data to relevant searches, giving preference to content and websites that have been deemed of a higher relevancy and more useful by users and via the algorithm. A great many factors go into determining how “useful” and “high quality” a particular site is via SEO standards, including the following:
- Link Metrics
- Domain & Page level keyword usage
- Social metrics (Facebook shares, ReTweets, etc.)
- Click-through rates
- Brand features (Has the business been mentioned in the press, on other sites, etc?)
- Content quality
- Technical Aspects
How We Can Help
Unless you understand perfectly how to measure up to all the SEO standards, best practices, and technical aspects, bearing in mind that these things are constantly changing and evolving almost daily, it’s within the best interest of your business to seek professional SEO help for building or revamping your site to meet the latest SEO standards.
And, fortunately, we can help you with all of your SEO needs. Here at Look to the Right we specialize in:
- Rankings & Tracking: Find out exactly where your site stands and track your success as we help you update and improve your site.
- Google Ads (formerly Google AdWords) Reporting: Launch a successful Ads campaign that will get you results at the lowest possible prices. We’ll use the data we gather from your campaign to help guide as as we make further SEO decisions.
- Google Analytics Reporting: Find out if the right users are coming to your site, how much time users are spending on each page, and much more helpful information.
- Web Video Marketing: Make an impact on users visually with videos on sites like Youtube and more.
- Reputation Monitoring and Management: Build (or re-build) your presence online and on social media so that only positive things can be found about your business.
- Link Building: Make your site more legitimate and, thus, higher ranking in Google with our careful, ethical link building strategies.
- On-Page/Site and Off-Page/Site Optimization: Let us help you set up your own pages and get mentioned on other pages so that you can soar to the top of the Google search results.
If you’re ready to see the difference we can make for your business with our SEO expertise, contact us today!